Our client is a fund management company and approved alternative Investment Fund Manager and a subsidiary of a European Banking Group. The company currently grows up the Assets under Management and expands group’s own funds and client’s funds and offers new possibilities of innovative and structured investment fund solutions. The Company is responsible for launching UCITS and AIF’s with various strategies. They are looking for someone who is proactive and committed to help to expand the product range and to continue to grow the fund size.
For our client we are looking for a
Chief Compliance Officer (m/f/d)
in Luxembourg (Kirchberg).
The responsibilities include the day-to-day compliance oversight for the management company (the “AIFM/ManCo”) to ensure that it is in accordance with the applicable CSSF regulations, ESMA guidance, AIFMD and UCITS law.
Your responsibilities/ main tasks:
- Serve as first point of contact for the regulator and act as the registered Compliance Officer towards the CSSF
- Ensure funds are compliant with local regulations and adhere to relevant laws
- Review, disseminate, and interpret relevant laws and regulations and work to proactively establish and document related policies, procedures and standards
- Identify situations which pose significant compliance risk and guide management in developing policies and/or procedures that minimize that risk
- Preparing reports for the group and the local management
- Act as permanent Compliance Officer function AML/CFT and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- Act as “Responsable du contrôle” (RC) for our funds and towards the CSSF
- Alignment and Implementation of internal group rules with local requirements
- Interact with regulators, internal and external auditors on regulatory topics
- Serve as a point of contact with business partners and investors
- Contribute to the corporate organization
- At least 4 – 5 years’ experience within the alternative asset management and UCITS sector, preferably within a Luxembourg AIFM or a similar third party management company
- Deep knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements; broad European Fund regulation knowledge is also essential
- A professional qualification or a master's degree (in Economics/Finance/law – depending on previous professional experience)
- Strong analytical skills, with a general understanding of financials related to different AIFs and UCITS structures (open/closed ended funds) with the ability to multi-task and manage a varied work load
- Understanding of the key risks related to AIFs and UCITS, and an ability to make sound risk-based assessments
- Highly organized and self-motivated with strong presentation skills – experience with presenting at board level or similar
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work autonomously
- Fluency in written and oral German and English
Particularities of the company:
In this company, you can design your career individually and become part of a highly motivated and friendly team. An attractive job in company with an open and innovative working environment awaits you.