Our client is a Luxembourg based company and a lead player in the field of fund distribution, wealth management and related services. Their clients are financial advisors and other financial intermediaries and their goal is to help them achieve top quality performance for their own clients, who are retail and institutional investors based worldwide. They offer a trading platform, asset management solutions and a comprehensive range of middle- and back-office services, provided by highly experienced and dedicated international staff.
For the Luxembourg office of our client, we are looking for a
Corporate Lawyer – Chief Compliance Officer (m/f/d).
Your responsibilities/ main tasks:
The role combines the responsibilities of Corporate Lawyer, heading the Legal & Compliance team, with that of Chief Compliance Officer.
- You will report regularly to the Executive Management and periodically to the Board of Directors and Supervisory Board
- As Corporate Lawyer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Company’s functioning, its processes and its documentation conform to and comply with various supervisory bodies’ rulings and the laws of the jurisdictions within which the Company is active.
- As Chief Compliance Officer, you will take the lead in implementing regulatory topics, such as i.a. MIFID II, AML/CTF, GDPR, Governance.
Motivated to learn about a whole range of products and how to cater to the needs of the international financial advisor community whilst keeping pace with changes in regulations and best market practice, you are:
- the holder of a university degree in Law, with at least 3 years’ experience in a senior position within a law firm or in-house legal department;
- familiar with compliance matters relevant to the financial sector;
- of German mother tongue and fluent in English (spoken, written and read). French and other European languages are considered an advantage;
- extremely well organised;
- stress resistant, able to work at a fast pace and under pressure (time and workload);
- able to analyse and anticipate the potential impact of regulatory changes on our business;
- flexible; and able to lead, work with and motivate a team.
Particularities of the company:
In this company you have the chance to be part of a dynamic, international environment where you will have opportunities to apply what you already know and be encouraged and helped to learn more.