Our client is a Luxembourg based company and a lead player in the field of fund distribution and related services. Their clients are financial advisors to whom they offer a trading platform, asset management solutions and a comprehensive range of middle- and back-office services. They work with their clients to support them and help them provide top quality service to their own customers, who are retail and institutional investors based worldwide.
For the Luxembourg office of our client, we are looking for a
Director Legal & Compliance (m/f/d).
Responsibilities/ main tasks:
- Partly responsible for ensuring that the Company’s functioning, its processes and its documentation conform to and comply with various supervisory bodies’ rulings and the laws of the jurisdictions within which the Company is active
- Direct reporting line to the Head of Legal as part of the Executive Management
- Reporting to and providing back-up for the Head of Legal as part of the Legal and Compliance team, thus contact with and provide advice to practically all departments throughout the Company, including Executive Management
- Dealing with auditors, regulators, distributors and clients
- Maintaining a neutral position at all times, acting in the best interest of the Company and its clients
- Motivated to learn about a whole range of products and how to cater to the needs of the international financial advisor community whilst keeping pace with changes in regulations and best market practice
- Holder of a university degree in Law, with at least 3 years’ experience in a senior position within a law firm or in-house legal department
- Familiar with compliance matters relevant to the financial sector
- Of German mother tongue and fluent in English (written and spoken). French and other European languages are considered an advantage
- Extremely well organised
- Stress resistant, able to work at a fast pace and under pressure (time and workload)
- Able to analyse and anticipate the potential impact of regulatory changes on the Company’s business
- Flexible and a team player with the ability to work independently
Particularities of the company:
In this company you have the chance to be part of a dynamic, international environment where you will have opportunities to apply what you already know and be encouraged and helped to learn more. You will be challenged to prove that you have what it takes to make a real contribution to the Company’s continuing success whilst furthering your own career.
Are you interested? Then contact us.